For foreign entrepreneurs venturing into the dynamic business environment of Dubai Mainland, understanding the concept of a local sponsor is crucial.

The Need for a Local Sponsor in Dubai Mainland

A local sponsor is a UAE national who acts as a mandatory partner in a Limited Liability Company (LLC) established in Dubai's mainland. This partnership structure requires the local sponsor to hold a majority shareholding of at least 51%. The remaining 49% ownership is available for foreign investors.

This requirement stems from a desire to foster partnerships between international expertise and local market knowledge.

Selecting the right local sponsor is a critical decision that can significantly impact your business journey.

Here are some key factors to consider.

Advantages of Local Sponsor

While the initial setup might seem complex, having a local sponsor can offer several advantages for your Dubai Mainland company.
Start your business

Choose Your Jurisdiction

Mainland Company Setup

Dubai Mainland is an ideal location for businesses to thrive. It boasts a dynamic commercial center with supportive infrastructure, strategic location, and a commitment to innovation. By understanding the setup process, benefits, and considerations, companies can make an informed decision and propel their business towards success.

Freezone Company Setup

Dubai's free zone company setup offers a tax-efficient and dynamic environment for businesses. To make an informed decision, it is essential to understand the advantages, setup process, and considerations. This can help your business thrive in Dubai's commercial landscape, making it a compelling option for those seeking success.

Offshore Company Setup

Offshore company setup can be a strategic tool for businesses seeking tax optimization, asset protection, and an international presence. By careful planning, thorough research, carefully considering your business goals and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, you can leverage the advantages of offshore company setup and unlock new possibilities for your business growth.

In-Demand Business Activities

Choose the right Business Activity

We offer a free consultation to help you identify the most suitable activity or activities for your business, ensuring a seamless application process for your UAE trade license


Consultancy covers diverse consulting services, ranging from business, lifestyle, investment, legal, to human resource consultancy.

IT Services

IT services encompass ICT activities like e-commerce, website development, online store management and digital marketing, providing many options.


The publishing industry covers various activities, such as books, online content, etc. Approval from authorities may be necessary in some cases.


Manufacturing enables production and sale of various goods, both locally and globally. It requires meeting specific criteria like having a physical factory and employing a minimum workforce.


Trading empowers you to import, export, distribute, and sell a variety of goods. It allows you to engage in a myriad of operations related to the movement of goods.

Real Estate

Includes activities like buying, selling, and leasing properties, as well as property management & development, requiring specific permits depending on your chosen field.

Let's Chat

Book Your Free Consultation with Bespoke Strategy Solution

At Bespoke Strategy Solutions, we understand that making important decisions can be overwhelming. That's why we offer a complimentary consultation, a chance to connect with our experts and gain valuable insights tailored to your specific needs.

Don’t Wait

Setup your Business in the UAE